Dr. TK Hrideek
Senior Scientist (on Deputation to SMPB, Kerala)
Department of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding
Forest Genetics and Biotechnology Division
Phone: 91 - 487 - 2690273
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Genetics and tree Breeding programmes
- Productivity improvement of teak and other major timber species – Plus tree selection, Progeny trial test, varietal selection and Multi-location trial for Adaptability and Performance.
- Establishment of Clonal Seed Orchard and Clonal Hedge Garden.
- Clonal forestry programme and Large scale multiplication of teak clones.
- Conservation Biology and Standardization vegetative propagation.
- Variability of active compounds.
- Performance evaluation and Repopulating medicinal/ Red listed plants in the Western Ghats.
Mode of spreading, Reproductive Biology, Management of Forest Invasive Species and Conservation awareness programme.
Total number of publications:
Research papers 41
Chapters in book: 18
Book edited / published: 10
Academics and profession:
14 years of postdoctoral research experience in the field of Genetics and plant breeding, conservation biology and invasion biology.
Current research areas include:
- Productivity improvement of teak and other major timber species.
- Clonal forestry programme.
- Invasion biology: Mode of spreading, Reproductive Biology, Management of Forest Invasive Species and Conservation awareness programme.
- Medicinal Plants: Conservation Biology Standardization of propagation and Variability of active compounds.
Life Time Membership In
- Indian Association of Angiosperm Taxonomy (IIAT)
- Indian Society for Plantation Crops (ISPC)
- Gregor Mendel Foundation (GMF)
- Bamboo Society of India (BSI)