Dr. P Sujanapal
Department of Silviculture
Sustainable Forest Management Division
Phone: 91 - 487 - 2690218
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Whatsapp No. 9447851737
Dr. P. Sujanapal has extensive research experience in plant resources of Western Ghats and Lakshadweep-Maldives-Chagos Archipelago. He has exclusively covered most of the habitats in these phytogeographical regions. Currently, he is involved in inventories of medicinal plants, restoration and resource augmentation of commercially important and threatened taxa, urban greening, cyber extension model for agricultural crops & trees of Western Ghats, EIA studies, mangrove ecosystem, Invasive Alien Plants, popularisation of indigenous species and medicinal plants and Quality Planting Material production through systematic studies on seed biology & nursery techniques.
- Habitat management & Ecosystem repair.
- Seed biology, Nursery techniques, QPM production.
- Floristic inventory, systematics & Phytogeography.
- Conservation of vulnerable habitats outside forest areas.
- Medicinal plants, Endangered & Threatened species.
- EIA studies, EMP and urban green groves.
Total number of publications: Books: 5, Scientific papers: 51
Academics and profession:
- Extensive research experience in plant resources of Western Ghats and Lakshadweep-Maldives-Chagos Archipelago.
- Exclusively covered most of the habitats in these phytogeographical regions.
- Member in various committees constituted by Court, Tribunal, Universities and various Government departments.
- handling collaborative programmes with FAO, Ministry of Fisheries & Agriculture-Govt. of Maldives, Department of Environment & Forest-UT of Lakshadweep, Kerala Forest Department, Department of Agriculture-Kerala, State & National Medicinal Plants Boards, Horticulture Mission and various LSGs and coordinating the activities of Regional cum Facilitation Centre (RCFC-Southern Region) of NMPB, Government of India (covering 5 southern States and two union territories).
- Currently Involved in
- Inventories of medicinal plants.
- Restoration and resource augmentation of commercially important and threatened taxa.
- Urban greening, cyber extension model for agricultural crops & trees of Western Ghats.
- EIA studies, mangrove ecosystem, Invasive Alien Plants.
- Popularisation of indigenous species and medicinal plants.
- Quality Planting Material production through systematic studies on seed biology & nursery techniques.
- Fast Track Fellowship for Young Scientists-2008, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- The first Dr. K.M. Bhat Memorial Endowment Award & Gold Medal-2008, Kerala Forest Research Institute for the best Research Student, outstanding research carried out during 2003-2008.
- Science Literature Award-PopularScience-2008, Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE).
- Certificate of Appreciation, State Medicinal Plants Board, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of Kerala.
- Certificate of Appreciation, OISCA International, South Indian Chapter.
- Fellow, Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy (FIAAT).