Dr. Siljo Joseph
Junior Scientist/Scientist B
Department of Forest Botany
Forest Ecology & Biodiversity Conservation Division
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Whatsapp No. 7388076253
Focused areas: Systematics of lichens and lichenicolous fungi, Floristic and revisionary studies, biogeography, conservation, ecology, and database development.
Total number of publications: Research articles: 40, Books: 1, Manuals: 3, Book chapters: 2, Newsletter articles: 4, Project reports: 2
Academics and profession:
- PhD in Botany, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu (2016).
- MSc in Plant Science, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu (2010).
- BSc in Botany, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala (2008).
- DST INSPIRE Faculty, Plant Diversity, Systematics and Herbarium Division, CSIR-National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI), Lucknow (2019-2022).
- Assistant Professor (honorary), Faculty of Biological Sciences, Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), Govt. of India (2020-2022).
- SERB - National Postdoctoral Fellow (NPDF), Lichenology Laboratory, Plant Diversity, Systematics and Herbarium Division, CSIR-National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI), Lucknow (2017-2019).
- Junior Research Fellow, and Senior Research Fellow under Flora of India Project at Botanical Survey of India (2010 - 2016).
Received the prestigious IAL Dharani Awasthi Award (2021) for the prominent young lichen researcher by the International Association for Lichenology (IAL) during 9th International Lichenological Symposium (IAL9) at Brazil.
Membership in professional societies:
- Member in IUCN Species Survival Commission, and IUCN SSC Lichen Specialist Group.
- Life member and website manager of the Indian Lichenological Society (ILS), Lucknow, India.
- Member in the International Association for Lichenology (IAL) (2021-2026).
- Member in the British Lichen Society (BLS), London, U.K.
- Life member in Vigyan Bharati Awadh Prant (VIBHA), India.
- Life member in the Indian Botanical Society (IBS), U.P., India.
- Life member in Mycological Society of India (MSI), Chennai, India.