Junior Scientist/Scientist B
Department of Soil Science
Sustainable Forest Management Division
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp No. 8547193779
[Linked In] [Research Gate]
Soorya is pursuing her PhD at IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand. She has done her M Tech. in Hydraulic and Water Resources from IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal and B Tech. in Civil Engineering from TKM College of Engineering, Kerala. She is a recipient of the SERB Overseas Visiting Doctoral Fellowship and the GM Nawathe Award 2019 from the Indian Society for Hydraulics. Her research interests are soil-water-plant interaction, Hydrologic modelling, Parameter Estimation, Climate Impacts on Water Resources, etc.
Focused areas: Soil-water-plant interaction, Hydrologic modelling, Parameter Estimation, Climate Impacts on Water Resources.
Total number of publications: 1 Journal ,1 Conference paper
Academics and profession:
- Ph D (ongoing from Dec 2018) at Dept. of Civil Engineering, IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- M Tech. in Hydraulic and Water Resources (2017) from IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal
- B Tech. in Civil Engineering (2015) from TKM College of Engineering, Kollam (University of Kerala)
- Visiting Scholar at Lyles School of Civil Engineering, Purdue University, USA (June 2021 – April 2022)
- Junior Research Fellow at School of Water Resources, IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal (Dec 2017 - Dec 2018)
- Received SERB Overseas Visiting Doctoral Fellowship to conduct research at Purdue University, USA.
- Received scholarship funded by DAAD, sponsored by BMBF to attend online Winter School 2021 organized by Indo-German Centre for Sustainability.
- Received GM Nawathe Award 2019 from the Indian Society for Hydraulics for best presentation at HYDRO 2018 International Conference, NIT Patna.
- Qualified GATE 2015 and received MHRD fellowship for pursuing Master’s and PhD.
- Received Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship, funded by MHRD for pursuing Bachelor’s degree (2011 - 2015).